Never pay for any CBT, test, or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Government Liaison Adviser (NIF)
Percentage of full-time: 100
Employment Type: The Area Manager
- Click here to view Jobs by Industries
- Click here to view Jobs by State in Nigeria
- Click here to view the most recent Jobs posted today
- INGO Forum in partnership with NRC is looking for a Government Liaison Adviser for Abuja Country Office, in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Government Liaison Adviser is to support the implementation of strategic and operational priorities with a focus on ensuring local perspectives inform the Forum’s work as well as strengthen coordination between humanitarian, recovery, peace, and development actors at Federal and sub-national levels and INGO’s and NGO’s to allow the forum to respond to member priorities, issues, and opportunities for engagement.
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling, and Legal Assistance (ICLA) to address identified humanitarian needs.
- The INGO Forum in Nigeria was formed in late 2014 to develop a collaborative platform for effective and principled INGO interaction, engagement, and coordination for humanitarian, recovery, and development interventions in Nigeria. Since its inception, the INGO Forum has become a critical platform for ensuring effective information sharing and analysis; leadership on advocacy and policy engagement; and liaison with government/donor/UN engagement and engagement ensuring the perspectives of INGOs and affected populations are ultimately included in decision-making processes.
- The INGO Forum is governed by a core membership of 41 members (and 6 observers) with new member applications pending approval regularly, The INGO Forum is governed by an elected Steering Committee of five Country Directors and a Chair that works alongside a full-term Secretariat. Since March 2017, the INGO Forum is administratively hosted by NRC in Nigeria’s capital city of Abuja as well as Maiduguri.
- The Government Liaison Adviser reports to the Director (NIF)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Stay informed on political, and economic contexts, while providing analysis and structured updates of the thematic sector development situation in the country and assist in drafting and design of periodic project updates, policy briefs, and other similar materials.
- Support the implementation of strategic and operational priorities with a focus on ensuring local perspectives inform the Forum’s work.
- Stay abreast and informed of key developments in the policy and regulatory environment and provide relevant advice on opportunities for engagement.
- Strengthen coordination between humanitarian, recovery, peace, and development actors at Federal and sub-national levels to allow the Forum to respond to member priorities, issues, and opportunities for engagement.
- Identify opportunities for effective engagement with national and local stakeholders including NNGOs and LNGOs.
- Participate in key humanitarian and development planning events and processes ensuring NGO inputs this includes the HRP, UNDAF, World Bank, etc.
- Maintain updated guidelines on the regulatory environment for both existing and prospective INGOs.
- Work with the Director to strengthen engagement with Government entities e.g. MBNP, FMHDSD, FIRS, NIS, Nigerian Customs, NEDC, NEMA, SEMA, and other Nigerian government structures as needed.
- Work with the program officer in following up on action plans related to government engagement challenges from INGO Forum working groups and technical groups.
- Identify and lead in implementing key training and capacity support opportunities to enhance NGO engagement and performance in Nigeria.
- Support development and/ or dissemination of tools, guidelines, best practices, and standards in humanitarian and development work to NGO members and other stakeholders to enhance interventions in Nigeria.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
Government Liaison Adviser – Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- University degree in Conflict and Development, International Relations, International Humanitarian Law, or a related technical field.
- Experience working in the military or security agencies
- Strong influential relationship with the Nigerian government that can yield positive results
- Experience with developing and implementing Access and AAP-related strategic objectives
- Knowledge of the humanitarian coordination system and the mandates of the actors involved.
- Good knowledge of the security environment and economic, and socio-political dynamics in North-East Nigeria, the Lake Chad Basin, and the Sahel region in general
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Commitment to international humanitarian standards and principles.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and often demanding environment. Exceptional interpersonal skills and experience in a humanitarian setting
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling an insecure environment
- A good sense of humor is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive, and accountable.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and often demanding environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and experience in humanitarian settings.
We Can Offer
- Commencement: September 2020
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions for grade level 9 step 1
- Duty station: Abuja, with frequent travels. Travel outside Abuja is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
Government Liaison Adviser – Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
2nd August 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian nationals only
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Location Abuja, Abuja, Abuja USD Month
This Post Has 31 Comments
Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article.
I’ll make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info.
Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly comeback.
Wow, this post is good, my sister is analyzing such things, so I
am going to convey her.
Aw, this was an extremely good post. Finding the time and
actual effort to generate a great article… but what can I say… I
hesitate a lot and don’t seem to get anything done.
I’m amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog that’s equally educative and engaging, and without a doubt,
you have hit the nail on the head. The problem is something not enough people are speaking intelligently about.
Now i’m very happy I found this during my search for something concerning
Hi there, just wanted to tell you, I loved this blog post.
It was practical. Keep on posting!
Thanks , I’ve recently been searching for information about this subject for ages and yours is the best I’ve discovered so
far. But, what in regards to the bottom line? Are you positive
concerning the source?
Hi would you mind stating which blog platform you’re using?
I’m planning to start my own blog soon but I’m having a difficult time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique.
P.S Apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!
I don’t know whether it’s just me or if everybody
else encountering problems with your site. It seems like some of the text within your
posts are running off the screen. Can someone else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as
well? This might be a issue with my internet browser because
I’ve had this happen previously. Many thanks
Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the pictures on this
blog loading? I’m trying to determine if its a problem on my
end or if it’s the blog. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.
I’m impressed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter
a blog that’s equally educative and amusing, and without a doubt,
you have hit the nail on the head. The problem is something that too few
people are speaking intelligently about. I’m very happy that I came across this
during my search for something regarding this.
It’s very trouble-free to find out any matter on web as compared
to textbooks, as I found this post at this web site.
It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d certainly donate to this excellent blog!
I suppose for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
I look forward to new updates and will talk about this blog with my Facebook group.
Exceptional post however I was wanting to know if
you could write a litte more on this topic? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more.
hello there and thank you for your info – I have certainly picked up anything new from right here.
I did however expertise some technical issues using this web site,
as I experienced to reload the site a lot of
times previous to I could get it to load properly.
I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK?
Not that I’m complaining, but slow loading instances times will
often affect your placement in google and could damage your high quality
score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this
RSS to my e-mail and can look out for a lot more of your respective
interesting content. Make sure you update this again very soon.
What’s up, yeah this piece of writing is actually fastidious and I have learned lot of things from it concerning blogging.
I truly love your site.. Excellent colors & theme. Did you make this site yourself?
Please reply back as I’m planning to create my very own blog and would like
to learn where you got this from or what the theme is named.
I enjoy reading through a post that can make men and women think.
Also, thank you for allowing me to comment!
Hi there everyone, it’s my first pay a quick visit at
this website, and piece of writing is actually fruitful in support of me, keep up posting these types of articles or reviews.
Hi, Neat post. There is a problem with your site in web explorer, might
check this? IE still is the market leader and
a good section of folks will miss your great writing
due to this problem.
An interesting discussion is worth comment. I do think that you should publish more about this subject
matter, it may not be a taboo subject but
usually people do not talk about these issues. To the next!
All the best!!
I enjoy what you guys are usually up too. This kind of clever work
and coverage! Keep up the good works guys I’ve you guys
Valuable info. Lucky me I discovered your site unintentionally, and I’m surprised why this twist
of fate didn’t happened in advance! I bookmarked it.
Saved as a favorite, I really like your blog!
Great blog here! Also your site loads up fast! What web host are you using?
Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my web
site loaded up as fast as yours lol
Pingback: Nigerian Navy – Recruitment & Enlistment Portal 2023
nice article thanks
I am curious to find out what blog platform you have been utilizing?
I’m experiencing some small security issues with my latest site and I would like to find something more
risk-free. Do you have any solutions?
hello!,I really like your writing very much! percentage we
keep up a correspondence more approximately your post on AOL?
I require an expert on this house to resolve my problem.
May be that is you! Having a look ahead to peer you.
I am genuinely pleased to glance at this weblog posts which carries tons of useful data,
thanks for providing such data.
Howdy this is kind of of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if
you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I
wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Wonderful blog you have here but I was wondering if you knew of any message boards
that cover the same topics discussed here? I’d really love
to be a part of online community where I can get opinions from
other knowledgeable people that share the same interest.
If you have any suggestions, please let me know.